Windows 8 apps store cracks 20,000, most of them free While 20,000 apps in an online store may seem paltry compared to the more than 700,000 apps in Apple’s store and more than 600,000 apps in Google Play, for an upstart in the app trade like Microsoft, the milestone is significant. Microsoft broke the 20,000 mark on Tuesday, according to Directions on Microsoft Windows app store watcher Wes Miller. Nearly 18,000, or 87 percent, of those apps are free, according to Miller. Those are worldwide numbers. The total number of apps available within regions vary. For example, the Canadian...Read More
Day: September 27, 2014
Tropico 5’s first DLC is all about the cheddar A new piece of downloadable content for Tropico 5 focuses on that classic aspect of brutal dictatorships: cheese production. “The Big Cheese” DLC is $3.99, or included for free for those who pre-purchased on Steam. It focuses on El Presidente’s desire to make his own artisan cheese factory, and introduces a new production chain centered on a Creamery that puts the island’s goats and llamas to work. Other countries will be attempting to out-cheese you. The pack includes a new map and task, a new scenario with voiceovers, buildings, an chef’s hat accessory, and a music track. The DLC comes alongside update 1.04. It adds a beta for multiplayer game saves along with various fixes and gameplay balance changes. You can check out the full 1.04 changelog at the official...Read More
Guild Wars 2 Rankles Players With Cash Shop Skins, WvW Purchase Options The new Guild Wars 2 patch went live today, but some players aren’t happy with a notable policy change. There’s a new set of cosmetics, the Privateer Weapon set, which are raising a bit of a stir. Unlike previous sets, which could be bought and sold for gold on the trading post, these skins are account bound, meaning that the only way to acquire them is through lockboxes, and the RNG luck that comes with them. To rub it in, there’s even a bit of text from...Read More
Apple Television and iPhone 5S to launch early 2013 Apple is gearing up to launch the Apple Television ‘iTV’ and a new model of iPhone, expected to be the iPhone 5S, in the first half of 2013. The recent update comes courtesy of China Times; its closeness to Apple’s manufacturing base gives it an air of credibility. But Business Insider says that the “report seems shaky”. Analyst Gene Munster has also stated that he expects the Apple Television set to launch in early 2013. See also: New Apple Television release date, rumours and pictures. The Apple Television (a distinct...Read More
NASA upgrades Mars Curiosity software … from 350M miles away Picture doing a remote software upgrade. Now picture doing it when the machine you’re upgrading is a robotic rover sitting 350 million miles away, on the surface of Mars. That’s what a team of programmers and engineers at NASA are dealing with as they get ready to download a new version of the flight software on the Mars rover Curiosity, which landed safely on the Red Planet earlier this week. “We need to take a whole series of steps to make that software active,” said Steve Scandore, a senior...Read More
- Titanfall 2 No EA Access: EA Hiding A Poor Game?
- Fallout 4 PS4 Mods: Release Date Coming After Evaluation, States Bethesda
- Five Nights At Freddy’s Sister Location Map: Secret Rooms Are Subterranean? More Secrets Hidden?
- Batman Go Back To Arkham Options: 3 Games You Need To Play While Awaiting The Remaster
- Dishonored 2: If You Work With Corvo Or Emily In Your First Playthrough?
- Battleground 1: Where You’ll Get Flamethrower, Anti-Tank Rifle, And All Sorts Of Special Weapons In Sinai Desert Conquest
- Develop A Bear Workshop Pokemon Version: Liven Up Eevee and Pikachu!
- League Of Legends New Champion: New Jungle Hero Teased In The Game Soon?
- Battleground 1 Conquest Guide: How You Can Take Part In The Game Mode Correctly
- Pokemon GO: Top Ten Pokemon GO Misconceptions Reveal Tips, Methods, Hacks, Cheats That Do Not Work