Safari usage continues rapid climb Apple’s Safari web browser continues to gather market share, with recent figures for June showing a 3.19 per cent split of the market. Internet Explorer continues to lose ground, with its share of web browser usage falling to 84.04 per cent. Firefox has roundly claimed the second place space, climbing to 10.77 per cent share. Netscape, Opera and others each hold under 1 per cent of usage, according to a report on Net Applications Market Share publication. For the year to date, the report shows Safari grabbing 3.17 per cent of the market. Last...Read More
Day: March 13, 2014
Dutch ISPs ordered to block access to The Pirate Bay A court in The Hague ruled on Wednesday that Dutch ISPs Ziggo and XS4All have to block The Pirate Bay, effective within 10 days. The court, in a decision signed by three judges, said there is proof that Ziggo and XS4All subscribers recently used the Pirate Bay to download and exchange movies, music and games. “Due to the nature of the so-called BitTorrent protocol, the court assumes that those subscribers not only downloaded files, but also uploaded and thus they have infringed copyright,” the court ruled. While downloading is...Read More
Symantec squashes antivirus bug Symantec has patched the widely reported flaw in the English versions of its corporate antivirus software. The serious flaw affects recent versions of its Client Security and Antivirus Corporate Edition and could be exploited by hackers to run unauthorised software on unpatched PCs. It was discovered by rival security vendor eEye Digital Security and first disclosed last Wednesday. Three days later, Symantec patched the problem, according to an alert published on its website. The patches are for English language versions of Symantec’s products only, and a Symantec spokesman could not say when the complete range...Read More
Apple US sales rocket Apple was ranked number four in computer retail and mail order sales in the US during January. According to research by PC Data, Apple accounted for 10.9 per cent of unit sales – a 17 per cent growth. Compaq was number one with 34 per cent market share, and Hewlett-Packard took second place with 32.1 per cent – a 57 per cent unit increase over last year. At number three, E-Machines took 12.9 per cent of the market. Unit growth of Windows-based PCs slowed for the fourth consecutive month, according to PC Data. It also...Read More
Adobe releases free font: Source Han Sans In celebration of its 25th year of typeface development, Adobe has released Source Han Sans, a new family of free, open source fonts that harmonizes East Asian and Latin font designs. More than three years in the making, this is one of Adobe’s most complex font projects, requiring cooperation among five different companies to accurately represent the more than 65,000 glyphs (characters) required for typesetting in Chinese, Japanese and Korean (CJK) languages. East Asian fonts, which serve approximately 1/4 of the world’s population, are historically based on Chinese ideograms. They’re also large,...Read More
- Titanfall 2 No EA Access: EA Hiding A Poor Game?
- Fallout 4 PS4 Mods: Release Date Coming After Evaluation, States Bethesda
- Five Nights At Freddy’s Sister Location Map: Secret Rooms Are Subterranean? More Secrets Hidden?
- Batman Go Back To Arkham Options: 3 Games You Need To Play While Awaiting The Remaster
- Dishonored 2: If You Work With Corvo Or Emily In Your First Playthrough?
- Battleground 1: Where You’ll Get Flamethrower, Anti-Tank Rifle, And All Sorts Of Special Weapons In Sinai Desert Conquest
- Develop A Bear Workshop Pokemon Version: Liven Up Eevee and Pikachu!
- League Of Legends New Champion: New Jungle Hero Teased In The Game Soon?
- Battleground 1 Conquest Guide: How You Can Take Part In The Game Mode Correctly
- Pokemon GO: Top Ten Pokemon GO Misconceptions Reveal Tips, Methods, Hacks, Cheats That Do Not Work