Apple $295m profit exceeds predictions Apple last night reported $3.5 billion in revenue for the first quarter of its 2005 fiscal year on the strength of a huge increase in iPod sales during the holiday season. That figure was a company record for quarterly revenue at Apple, CEO Steve Jobs said. The company also set a record for net income in the quarter, with $295 million in profits for the period ended December 25. Analysts polled by Thomson First Call had expected Apple to record $3.2 billion in revenue for the quarter. The $3.5 billion in revenue represented a...Read More
Month: January 2014
Notebook sales up 30% at Quanta Apple’s Far East computer manufacturing partner, Quanta Computer, said its notebook shipments should climb 30 per cent this year. Quanta, the largest contract notebook PC manufacturer in the world, said today that it expects to shift 25 million notebooks this year, up 30 per cent on the preceding year, Reuters reports. As well as making computers for major brands including Apple, Dell and HP, Quanta also manufactures iPods for Apple through its China-based subsidiaries. Apple also uses local manufacturer Inventec to produce iPods. A September 2006 report claimed the latter firm ships one...Read More
Gartner: Apple OS X will be as accepted as Windows by the end of 2014 By the end of next year Apple laptops and notebooks will be as well accepted by IT pros as their Microsoft counterparts, according to Gartner. Driven by Apple’s efforts to make its OS X operating system more compatible with the iPhone’s, iPad’s and iPod Touch’s iOS, more consumers will bring OS X devices to work where IT will have to deal with them, says David Mitchell Smith, a vice president and Gartner Fellow. He points to Launchpad, which displays the application folder in OS...Read More
Apple site hints at sharp-cornered app icons in iOS 7 Clues suggest that Apple iOS 7 could have sharp-cornered square app icons, as part of the biggest visual shake-up since Apple’s mobile operating system first launched. Developers told AppleInsider that the portal where they upload their apps has started displaying the icons as sharp squares instead of the familiar rounded squares all iOS users are used to. Previously app developers were required to upload icon images as squares, but Apple’s portal would promptly round off the corners. Image courtesy of AppleInsider, and supplied originally by AppNext It’s yet another...Read More
Ludum Dare 34 game jam will feature two themes this time LD34 has two themes, though I’m afraid neither of them is “kittens.” Ludum Dare, widely known as one of the biggest and most brutal indie game jams, has announced the theme for their 34th competition. Normally, one theme is voted on and the contestants carry on from there, creating a game to fit the winning theme. But this time, two themes have tied for first place. The Theme for Ludum Dare 34 is… A TIE!?! Two button controls AND Growing! Pick your favourite, or use both. #LDJAM pic.twitter.com/8KSJbHR3mn...Read More
- Titanfall 2 No EA Access: EA Hiding A Poor Game?
- Fallout 4 PS4 Mods: Release Date Coming After Evaluation, States Bethesda
- Five Nights At Freddy’s Sister Location Map: Secret Rooms Are Subterranean? More Secrets Hidden?
- Batman Go Back To Arkham Options: 3 Games You Need To Play While Awaiting The Remaster
- Dishonored 2: If You Work With Corvo Or Emily In Your First Playthrough?
- Battleground 1: Where You’ll Get Flamethrower, Anti-Tank Rifle, And All Sorts Of Special Weapons In Sinai Desert Conquest
- Develop A Bear Workshop Pokemon Version: Liven Up Eevee and Pikachu!
- League Of Legends New Champion: New Jungle Hero Teased In The Game Soon?
- Battleground 1 Conquest Guide: How You Can Take Part In The Game Mode Correctly
- Pokemon GO: Top Ten Pokemon GO Misconceptions Reveal Tips, Methods, Hacks, Cheats That Do Not Work