Apple removes claim that ‘Macs don’t get PC viruses’ Apple has adjusted its website to withdraw the claim that Macs don’t get PC viruses. Best Mac antivirus software Antivirus company Sophos highlighted the change to Apple’s “Why you’ll love a Mac” webpage, noting that the previous claim that Mac OS X doesn’t get PC viruses has been removed, replaced by the statement: “It’s built to be safe.” Previously, the web page said: “It doesn’t get PC viruses. A Mac isn’t susceptible to the thousands of viruses plaguing Windows-based computers. That’s thanks to built-in defences in Mac OS X that...Read More
Month: October 2012
Reseller plans Xserve seminar South coast Apple reseller Solutions Inc. is to host an Xserve seminar this month. Peter Dunn, senior technical consultant for Apple UK, will present the event, designed to introduce attendees to Apple’s Mac OS X 10.2 server technology. He will also explore Apple’s Remote Desktop application, host a Q&A session on issues raised on the day. The event is being held on August 29 from 1.30-4.30pm in Hove, near Brighton. Pre-registration is required. More information is available...Read More
Server sales show modest growth Global server sales grew 4 per cent in the first quarter 2005, claims Gartner. The growth is being driven by strong sales from IBM. Total server revenue for the quarter was $12.33 billion, up from $11.84 billion during the first quarter of 2004. IBM, Hewlett-Packard and Dell were the top three server vendors, with sales of $3.67 billion, $3.47 billion and $1.33 billion for the period. With a 16 per cent rise in sales of “x86” servers, which use processors from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices, HP actually shipped the largest number of servers...Read More
New MacBook model info leaks? Mac industry sources are buzzing at speculation that Apple may upgrade its MacBook range with new Core 2 Duo processors. It now appears the new Macs may debut around the 13th of November, according to online retailer, Play.com. It has widely been expected that Apple would field new Core 2 Duo processors in its consumer notebook range at some point. The company upgraded its MacBook Pros with the new processor on 24 October. Chatter speculating on an imminent MacBook upgrade has been in circulation for two weeks. It took a major uplift last week...Read More
Skyrim Legendary Edition Announced, All DLCs are on Discs for PS3/Xbox 360 Bethesda has just announced a special edition of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim called as “Legendary Edition”. This special edition will arrive in US on June 4 and on June 7 in Europe. Bethesda revealed that Legendary Edition will feature up-to-date version of Skyrim (i.e Skyrim will be updated to version 1.9) and all three DLCs “Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn”. The developer also confirmed that all three DLC content in Skyrim Legendary Edition will be on disc for PS3 and Xbox 360 i.e gamers don’t have to worry...Read More
- Titanfall 2 No EA Access: EA Hiding A Poor Game?
- Fallout 4 PS4 Mods: Release Date Coming After Evaluation, States Bethesda
- Five Nights At Freddy’s Sister Location Map: Secret Rooms Are Subterranean? More Secrets Hidden?
- Batman Go Back To Arkham Options: 3 Games You Need To Play While Awaiting The Remaster
- Dishonored 2: If You Work With Corvo Or Emily In Your First Playthrough?
- Battleground 1: Where You’ll Get Flamethrower, Anti-Tank Rifle, And All Sorts Of Special Weapons In Sinai Desert Conquest
- Develop A Bear Workshop Pokemon Version: Liven Up Eevee and Pikachu!
- League Of Legends New Champion: New Jungle Hero Teased In The Game Soon?
- Battleground 1 Conquest Guide: How You Can Take Part In The Game Mode Correctly
- Pokemon GO: Top Ten Pokemon GO Misconceptions Reveal Tips, Methods, Hacks, Cheats That Do Not Work