Tumblr patches hole after malicious site attack Popular online social networking site Tumblr was ravaged on Monday by an Internet worm that spewed racist and inflammatory messages across thousands of user accounts. The malicious hacking group known as GNAA claimed responsibility. The group has a history of menacing online communities with inflammatory messages, an activity known as trolling. Tumblr has since fixed the security vulnerability that led to the propagation, according to the company. The self-replicating software that quickly propagated across the site added new Tumblr entries to an untold number of user accounts. It also threatened to remove...Read More
Month: May 2011
UK Parallels users urged to patience for update The new and improved version of Parallels Desktop for Mac shipped this week, but there’s a short-term upgrade obstacle for existing international users of the virtualisation software. Some particular improvements in the new version include Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and Vista support; the capacity to migrate settings from old PCs to virtual machines; USB 2.0 support and the much-lauded Coherence mode, which allows users to employ Windows applications on the Mac OS X desktop. Existing users were asked to apply their existing activation code to the updated software, which was...Read More
Apple updates iCloud with new features to restore lost data If you’ve ever accidentally deleted a document you saved to iCloud, Apple has a new way for you to restore your data. This new method can be used to restore lost iCloud files, Contacts, or data from Calendar and Reminders. You’ll find the new restore features when you log into your iCloud.com account and go into Settings. At the bottom of the Setting page, there’s a new Advanced section, with links to Restore Files, Restore Contacts, or Restore Calendars or Reminders. When you delete a file from iCloud Drive,...Read More
Facebook changes ‘real names’ policy to provide context for chosen names Starting in December, you will be able to change your Facebook name to match whatever identity you want—if you have a good enough reason. On Friday, BuzzFeed reported that Facebook will soon start making changes to how it enforces its “real names” policy. Facebook users who want to use a name other than their legal name will be able to provide context and additional details as to why. Secondly, Facebook users who are reporting a profile name they believe to be fake will have to provide their reasoning. These changes...Read More
Gran Turismo 6 patch 1.07 available for download now, adds new BMW and additional features, changelog revealed
Gran Turismo 6 patch 1.07 available for download now, adds new BMW and additional features, changelog revealed Sony has just released a brand new patch 1.07 for their Playstation 3 exclusive racing title, Gran Turismo 6. The update adds New BMW Vision Gran Turismo car plus features added to Replay and Watch Race modes. Here is what Sony says BMW Vision Gran Turismo can be purchased after installing patch 1.07: “After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the Vision GT option within the CARS section in My Home. Alternatively, it is also possible to...Read More
- Titanfall 2 No EA Access: EA Hiding A Poor Game?
- Fallout 4 PS4 Mods: Release Date Coming After Evaluation, States Bethesda
- Five Nights At Freddy’s Sister Location Map: Secret Rooms Are Subterranean? More Secrets Hidden?
- Batman Go Back To Arkham Options: 3 Games You Need To Play While Awaiting The Remaster
- Dishonored 2: If You Work With Corvo Or Emily In Your First Playthrough?
- Battleground 1: Where You’ll Get Flamethrower, Anti-Tank Rifle, And All Sorts Of Special Weapons In Sinai Desert Conquest
- Develop A Bear Workshop Pokemon Version: Liven Up Eevee and Pikachu!
- League Of Legends New Champion: New Jungle Hero Teased In The Game Soon?
- Battleground 1 Conquest Guide: How You Can Take Part In The Game Mode Correctly
- Pokemon GO: Top Ten Pokemon GO Misconceptions Reveal Tips, Methods, Hacks, Cheats That Do Not Work